Thursday 19 February 2015

Wedding Outfit Ideas #1


Dress - ASOS Swing Dress with Pretty Lace Inserts - here

Bag - Dorothy Perkins Blush Snake Bartop Crossbody Bag - here

Shoes - Jimmy Choo Lance Rose Gold Mirror Sandals - here

I don't know if I'm jumping the gun a bit with this post, but I've been invited to two weddings this summer and I am so excited. I've been to a couple of night do's over the past few years but the last time I went to a wedding for the whole event I was about 17, and although I definitely enjoyed it there's just something a bit more exciting when it's your friends / family of the same age taking the plunge! Of course I'm excited to be there whilst they're getting married, and I'm looking forward to hearing the speeches, eating some good food (and cake) and partying the night away but as a shopping addict I can't deny that a main factor in my excitement is that I've got a legitimate reason to buy not one, but two outfits!

Ever the planner, I'm trying to think about the outfits now. One, because there are still some sale bargains to be had and two, I really don't want it to get nearer to the time and me have a last minute panic about what to wear. I want ideas and I want them now!

One of the weddings is due to take place outdoors so that will require more planning (the outfit will obviously need to be wind / rain / cold / sunny / boiling appropriate as this is England and any one of those is a possibility!) The other is an indoor wedding so slightly easier to plan for. The above outfit is an initial idea of the second, indoor wedding. I still need a sleeve because I get cold at the drop of a hat and honestly, if I get cold the whole event will just be uncomfortable for me. As I've mentioned before, I of course love rose gold and think it looks really classy with the cream / white dress. The swing dress is a good options because it hides a multitude of dinner / wine / cake sins and with the lace detailing I think it's probably 'dressy' enough for a wedding and will also be a good option to see me right through the day and night. I think I'm going to order it and give it a whirl, ASOS returns policy is so good I always feel like it's just easier to order and try than worry about whether it'll fit right etc. 

Now, lets just talk about the shoes. They're Jimmy Choo and they've clearly been sent down to earth from shoe heaven. Sadly I won't be getting these as they're around £500 and sold out, but this is the look I'm going for so I'll be scouring the internet for other options from now until July!

What kind of look would you go for?

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment