Wednesday 11 June 2014

Spring has Sprung! My Top 5 handbag essentials


Another of my spring themed posts. Granted I am slightly late with this as spring has almost ended and I'm pretty sure this weather we are currently experiencing in the UK is meant to be summer. However, I have just been a bit too busy in the recent months to blog. So since the weather is still pretty poopy here, it may as well still be spring in my books! I have one more spring themed post after this one and then I'll move on :)

So read on for my top 5 hand bag essentials for spring (and also Summer, to be fair):

1. An umbrella: if you live in the UK, an umbrella is a staple handbag item for the majority of the year to be quite honest. However, as spring/summer comes along, it might get a bit warmer (key word: might) so you probably won't want to be wearing your big winter coat, and it's more than likely you won't have a  hood. So, an umbrella is the way forward. This one from Cath Kidston is so cute (like everything from Cath Kidston) and is so spring/summer with the pastel colours. I love it!
2. Sunglasses: You never know when that thing we call "sun" might decide to make an appearance! But if you're anything like me and need sunglasses at the mere hint of a bright day, then they are definitely an essential. I really couldn't live without my sunglasses. My eyes are quite light sensitive so I always have my sunnies on. I have been coveting these ones from Accessorize for a while but I have piles of sunglasses, and at £15, I'm just hoping Primark have a ripped them off and are selling them for £2.
3. Hand Cream: The holy grail of hand creams.... Hand Food by Soap and Glory. Need I say more? With all the crazy weather we get around this time of year (i.e. freezing one minute, raining the next, then sunny straight after) it is pretty much guaranteed that your hands will take a hammering. Also, I have pretty bad circulation in my hands and they are the first thing to go cold and dry. The travel sized Hand Food is great for your bag, and is reasonably priced, so there's no excuse not to have it!
4. A camera: I personally think spring is a perfect time to be taking photos because everything is coming into bloom (I'm aware we are well past this point in the year now though). I use a Nikon D3100 which was a gift for my birthday last year. I have got some great photos on it but you can snap some pretty good ones on smart phones these days and if I'm honest I don't carry the DSLR round with me on a day to day basis because it's blummin' heavy!
5. Perfume: I carry my mini Daisy perfume around with me all the time. The scent is perfect for spring/summer as it is so pretty and floral. Plus you never know when you might need a spritz to freshen up!

What are your top 5 handbag picks for the warmer months?

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment