Wednesday 27 August 2014

OOTN: Birthday Meal at Bills York


(OOTN - the details: Zara knitted jumper with embellished neck, Topshop Joni jeans in black, Primark grey and black spotty dolly socks, London Rebel suede Chelsea Boots via TKMaxx)


(FOTN - the details: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in Soft Beige (200), Bourjois Maxi Delight Bronzer for tanned skin (02), Tropic Sculpting Palette in Blushing (used highlight only), Maybelline the Falsies waterproof mascara in black, Barry M eyeshadow pencil Brown/Black (05), Hema kohl eyeliner pencil in black (21), Natural Collection blusher in Peach Melba , Rimmel Apocolips in Galaxy (301), moody face: optional)


Last Friday night, Nick, my parents and I ventured out into York to have a bite to eat at Bills which has just opened. As it was Nicks birthday whilst we were on holiday my parents wanted to take us out to have a bit of a celebration so I thought I would take a few outfit/face shots. Although it is August, England is up to its usual tricks when it comes to the weather which is why I'm dressed as if it's mid-November. 

I like the simple-ness of this outfit and make up. I feel as though the dark lip (it was darker in real life, damn you camera!), the neckline on the jumper and the small heel on the boots classes up the outfit and strikes a good balance between casual and 'dressed up', which, in my opinion, is the perfect look for a quiet meal and a couple of drinks - I'm definitely a "smart casual" kinda gal. Plus when you're going out for a meal and drinks,  it's super important to me to be comfy when I'm sitting in the restaurant - there's nothing worse than feeling like you have to keep on pulling your hem down, or wondering whether you've eaten too much and are bulging out of all the wrong places when you stand up!

Whats your go-to meal and drinks outfit?

Until next time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment