Saturday 23 August 2014

A Surprise Find: Rose Gold Mesh Watch



I, along with every other woman in the world, love rose gold. And again, like everyone else, I particularly love rose gold watches. So today, when I was casually perusing the F&F section at my local Tesco whilst building up the courage to join the throng of bank holiday food shoppers, I spotted this little beauty in their watch display, I had to buy it. I absolutely love it when you find gems like this in the clothes section of supermarkets. It thrills me no end! I always check out places like F&F, George and lower end shops like Matalan because, despite their reputations, they always have a few bang on trend pieces. Yes, you may have to hunt them out and yes, you may have to endure looking at some hideous clothes in the process but when you find things like this at such reasonable prices it makes it worth it.

This watch was £16 (!!) and is exactly what I have been looking for in the past couple of months. I've got a chunky rose gold watch (from New Look, I've featured it in previous posts) which I love dearly, but I'm quite fond of dainty jewellery at the moment so sometimes I just felt it was a bit too big for my outfit and I've been on the search for something smaller ever since. I have looked in all the usual shops to no avail, tried on a few watches in New Look but discarded them after being unable to decide if they were nice, or just really tacky. I spent a considerable amount of time in duty free umm-ing and ahh-ing about whether to splash the cash on a designer one so I'm so glad I didn't because this perfectly fits the bill.


Unfortunately, I can't find it on the F&F website to link it. But I strongly suggest checking out your local Tesco's range of rose gold watches (they had a few other, chunky ones) if you, like me, enjoy the look but don't fancy the hefty price tag of a Michael Kors one (even if they are beautiful).

(Just to clarify: I know this watch probably isn't the best quality and may not wear well. But I don't regularly wear a watch, I wear them more as jewellery pieces so I find it impossible to justify spending £100+ on something that I would only wear once or twice a month. However, if I were someone who wore a watch day in, day out, I would definitely buy a higher end, more reliable and accurate watch.)

Until next time :)

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful watch! I think it looks stylish and definitely elegant as well, which must've been worth the price! I am not for the big chunky, Michael Kors ones either! Although the watch I do have is quite big. But it fits me and I love it <3 I have to admit, this one does give it a run for it's money though ;) Enjoy it <3

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/09/fountain-of-earth-book-review-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete