Wednesday 22 January 2014

Mini-Haul : Boots and The Body Shop

One thing you should probably know about me is that I am a bonafide shopaholic, so I practically always have enough new purchases in my possession to do a "haul".

I have tried, in vein, over the years to get my boyfriend to show an interest in my shopping, but, sadly it rarely works and I have to internalise the need to share my brand spanking new clothes/home accessories/beauty products. Sadly it is a burden I have to bare.

I must admit, I do harbour an intense love for hauls. I think the attraction is a mixture of living vicariously through other people who have money to spend (or not), and getting fashion ideas (read: copying) from people who are probably 100% more fashionable/cooler than me. I do enjoy fashion hauls way more than beauty ones like this, but alas, you can't win them all.

So, now I have this snazzy new blog, I am taking my first, tiny steps into the world of the "haul". History is being made!

I realise this is a long introduction to a relatively small collection of purchases but I am new to this and am still finding my feet. (Also, I am aware I need to learn how to use my camera properly...)

So on my lunch on Monday - after being insanely good with my money all month - I caved into my urge to buy pretty new things. I ran around my town like a mad woman. I had a Cath Kidston voucher, which is why I left the office in the first place - and I was hoping to find some clothing in the sale (the only time I can ever remotely consider buying CK clothes) and on the way I accidentally went to The Body Shop and Boots.

(L-R: Dreams Eau du Parfam £5, Passion Fruit Shower Gel £3, Papaya Shower Gel £3 and Vitamin E Face Mist £8)

The Body Shop had an insane sale on, and since I am a card holder, I got an extra few offers (I'm not 100% sure what the offers were but I loved them nonetheless!)

I always like to buy The Body Shop perfumes in the sale because they are always a real bargain and I enjoy the scents (I have a couple of others and highly recommend them). I find they're a good every day perfume for when you don't want to go out smelling like your either a. on a date or b. going on a night out with the girls. I know there are more subtle day time perfumes around but to be honest, I really resent paying £30+ for perfume to wear in the office around people that probably don't know or care about what perfume I'm wearing, so I like to save my more expensive perfumes for evenings out and use ones like this for every day wear.

I generally use cheap and cheerful shower gel (I'm aware there's a money saving theme here - what can I say, I'm Northern) but I do like to have a few nicer bottles as well so these ones are right up my street. I've just run out of Soap and Glory's 'A Foam Call' so I decided to pick these two up. They were both a bargain at £3 and they smell absolutely divine.

Finally, I got a Vitamin E Face Mist. Now this was on a total whim. I got to the till and gave my Body Shop card and the lady told me that as it was my fourth purchase I got a free £5 voucher. So in a bit of a mad discount loving panic, I picked this (which was £8, but I paid £3). I always use their Vitamin E Intense Moisturising Cream and love it, so I thought I'd give this one a go. Not sure how I'll get on with it, but I'll let you know.

(L-R : Maybelline Baby Skin Primer, £7.99 and Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch, £2.99)

Aaah Maybelline, aaah Baby Lips. Need I say more?!

There isn't too much I can say about these two as the general blogging world is head over heels for both. But here are my two cents.

I don't normally use primer but the I love the Baby Lips/Skin branding so much I thought I'd give it a whirl. I've dabbled with Benefits Porefessional before, and found it ok but nothing special. I didn't get a noticeably better look after using it so it fell to the wayside. I don't know if the same will happen here (maybe Primer just isn't for me) but I am looking forward to using it anyway. 

The Baby Lips are a sort of repurchase. I have the 'Cherry Me' and 'Peach Kiss' varieties already, and I very much enjoy them. I wanted to get 'Pink Punch' because currently I'm into the whole 'English Rose' look and I frequently go for a porcelain skin, rosy pink cheeks and baby pink lips look. However, sometimes it isn't always appropriate (nor can I be bothered) to put a full on lipstick on, so this will be absolutely perfect for those days. 

I did buy a couple of other things but they are not very interesting (a body puff and some face wipes...) I also did find something in the Cath Kidston sale and it is AMAZING but I think that may feature in an OOTD when I am brave enough to snap a picture of myself.

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment